Seattle & Snoqualmie Falls Tour Itinerary
Explore Seattle History
Our Seattle tour begins at the Pike Place Market. Here you will meet your tour guide and shuttle at 9:45 AM.
After everyone is aboard the shuttle, we will set off on our tour of Seattle. As we navigate the city's streets, your tour guide will provide an engaging and informative narration of major events in Seattle's history. You'll hear fascinating stories about the Great Seattle Fire of 1889, the history of "Underground" Seattle, and how the Klondike Gold Rush helped turn the city into the most important port in the Pacific Northwest.
These stories will provide context and insight into the events that shaped Seattle into the vibrant and diverse city it is today
Experience Snoqualmie Falls
After leaving Seattle, your shuttle will pass through the town of Snoqualmie. This town is known as the “real Twin Peaks” and it is here you will see the massive waterfall featured in the show’s opening credits.
The massive Snoqualmie Falls is one of the largest and most impressive waterfalls in the Pacific Northwest and is the perfect spot to grab that epic PNW selfie you’ve been looking for. Because this stop is one of the most popular stops on our Seattle tour, we will give extra of time to explore the falls.
Encounter a Fremont Troll
The next stop on our tour is a must-see for fans of public art and quirky attractions: the famous Fremont Troll. Look closely, you'll see that the troll is crushing a real vintage VW Beetle under his hand, adding a touch of whimsical humor to the sculpture.
You'll have the opportunity to see the famous statue of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin. Standing at 16 feet tall, the statue is an imposing and controversial piece of public art. You'll learn how the statue arrived in Seattle and the controversy behind it.
The Ballard Locks
We then stop at the Ballard Locks also driving through Fisherman' Terminal where you'll see the Pacific Fishing fleet. Depending on the time of year, you may also see migrating salmon going through the locks, as well as sea lions, Harbor Seals, Osprey, Bald Eagles and other wildlife. We will give you approximately 30 minutes to explore the locks and fish ladder, and to take photos and learn more about this fascinating attraction.
Approximate time at the locks is a half hour, giving you time to explore the locks and fish ladder.
The Best View Of Seattle
The final stop on our Seattle tour is Kerry Park, the #1 rated location for photos of the city skyline. This small neighborhood park offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Space Needle, downtown, and on a clear day, the majestic Mount Rainier.
Finally, at 2 PM, our tour will end and we will drop you back off at Pike Place Market. You can use the rest of the day to continue exploring this amazing city and all it has to offer.
Receive Our Free eBook
Book a tour through our website and we will thank you! After you’ve booked, you will receive a link where you can download our free 30-page e-book, "Self-Guided Walking Tour of Seattle.”
This guide was created by the professional staff at Shutter Tours and will take you around the Pike Place Market, giving you photography tips, and much more.
(The e-book is only available when booking through our website linked in confirmation).
Seattle Tour FAQs
- Where is the tour meeting point?
- Meet your tour guide at the Pike Place Market Information booth located on 1st and Pike Street. Be there no later than 10 AM or 2:30 PM for afternoon tour. This is close to the sign that says "Public Market Center" with the large clock. You will see a large brass pig (Rachel) beneath this clock. Follow the brass hoof prints to the information booth facing 1st Avenue.
- When does the tour run?
- We run our Snoqualmie Falls & Seattle tours daily, except for April when we run our Tulip Festival tours. We are closed starting the third week in October through Early December.
- How much does this Seattle tour cost?
- The cost is $79.00 per person with discounts for seniors and children.
- Do you offer hotel pickups?
- We do not offer hotel pickups. Our pickup point is within a 10-minute Uber ride of over 80 downtown hotels.
- Do you offer pre and post-cruise pickups and drop-offs?
- Due to changes at the Port of Seattle facility at Pier 91, we will no longer be booking Cruise Terminal pickups and drop-offs for our public tours. We can do Cruise Terminal pickups and drop-offs for private tours and our partner companies.
- Will children enjoy this tour?
- Children are welcome on our tours and we have several attractions that are especially popular with kids, such as the Fremont Troll and the Ballard Locks. Please note that we do not provide car seats for infants on our buses, but all of our buses are equipped with seat belts that can accommodate your own car seat. Children are not allowed to sit on a parent's lap during the tour, for safety reasons. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Are the tours refundable?
- Yes, you can get a full refund up to 24 hours before your tour date. (Tickets booked through ticket resellers such as Viator and Expedia to be refunded with the ticket reseller directly and not through Shutter Tours).
- Do you offer any group discounts on this tour?
- Please contact Terry at 425-516-8838 for group discount information.
- Do you provide lunch?
- Please note that lunch is not included in the tour price, so we recommend that you bring a snack or eat a hearty breakfast before joining us. Coffee and snacks are available for purchase at the gift shop at Snoqualmie Falls, our first stop on the tour.
- What is the duration of the tour?
- The tour is 4 hours long.
- What about wheelchairs and walkers?
- We are committed to providing a comfortable and accessible tour experience for all of our guests. Our buses are equipped to accommodate foldable wheelchairs and walkers for those who are ambulatory and can board the bus with minimal assistance. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate motorized wheelchairs at this time, as our buses are not equipped with ramps. If you have any special needs or requirements, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you and make your tour enjoyable. Please call 425-516-8838 if you need clarification.